Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little Chef ~ 2/10

Noah has always enjoyed watching me cook. Sometimes I think that he will become a little chef himself because he is so interested in how meals are created. He is always there to help me with everything that I make...he truly is such a wonderful little helper! He will even tell me if I am missing something when I am preparing a meal...very observant! A few years back, we got Noah a little kitchen of his own, and it has been by far one of his favorite things to play with. He is very thorough when he is preparing his little meals...from cutting up all of the ingredients, adding salt and pepper, waiting a good 10 minutes for it to cook, using an oven mit whenever he is touching a pan, etc... I love watching him prepare these little "meals" for me, and I just gobble them up and tell him that "This is the best meal ever!" every time {he just loves hearing that!}. Today I asked him "How do you make such great meals?", to which he replied "I watch Mommy." He knows how to make me feel good! I think the best thing that has happened recently in our cooking adventures in Noah's kitchen, is that he now has a little assistant to help him. Leah is very willing to sit and "help" while he is cooking. They have been playing so well together lately, and it is really a joy for me to watch them learn and play together.

I am still learning how to take some nice, clear pictures with my camera. I am learning that the lighting is so important when taking a good picture. Some of my pictures are coming out so grainy...I don't know why. I guess I'll just keep practicing...that is the best way to learn, right?? The first picture was my favorite shot of Noah, but it is so blurry...oh well.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. What cuties, you have and how sweet Noah is so helpful!! I love when they take a genuine interst in something I am doing! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are lovely!! I love the expression on Noahs face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious photos today. Adeline's favorite toy, and has been for a couple years, is her little wooden kitchen too! Although she doesn't have a mommy who is a good cook as a role model ... she has to use her imagination! :)

    ReplyDelete