Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Day at Home ~ 2/9


Today was another day at home. I'm sorry if these posts get boring, as it seems that we keep doing the same things every day due to the weather, but that's my life right now :). We were actually going to go to my parent's house today because it is my dad's birthday, but he's sick, so we will just have to go and celebrate another day when he is feeling 100%. This afternoon I watched my friends little boy while she went on a field trip to the chocolate store with her little girl. Noah was delighted to have a little friend over for lunch and to play for the afternoon. We had a grand old time playing with Noah's wooden train set {love that toy!}, drawing on the chalk board, and playing with the fire trucks {thank goodness I have two!}. My dear friend brought me a chocolate bar from the store, which definitely brightened up my day :). Doug was home tonight, and the moment that he walked in the door Noah just lit up and ran to him saying "Daddy, you're home!". He wouldn't leave his daddy's side all night long. I love watching them together and seeing the special bond that they share. While we were putting Noah to bed this evening, he discovered his shadow and he kept saying "Look at my shadow" over and over. I love experiencing these new discoveries with my kids...it's the best!!!

Leah was attached to my hip today, as she is most days, and she was willing to let me take a picture of her, since, as no surprise to me, Noah was more interested in playing than posing for the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Super sweet photo! You know, I sometimes feel like my life might be boring to everyone else too ... but it's the most perfect way I can imagine spending my days!

    Our husbands have something in common too! My hubby just finished getting his MBA last year, so we went through the first two years of Addie's life with daddy working full time and going to school on top of it (and traveling for work as well) ... it was exhausting for both of us, so I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete