
I took my favorite little man on a little date today. Just me and him...it was precious and sweet in every way! This is the first time in 10 months that N and I have been together alone for an entire afternoon. We couldn't stay away too long, as my heart did ache a little bit to be back with Miss L, but I put that thought aside this afternoon and focused on my first born.
After going to a little children's show that I got tickets for, which he loved, we walked around the downtown mall hand in hand. The mall is outdoors and is full of little fountains that attract the attention of every child in sight. We sat and watched the "dancing water" go along with the music for a good amount of time {even I enjoy watching this :)}. Then when it got to be too cold, we went inside the old train station to see all of the beautiful murals and stained glass. N adores trains and he could have stayed in there for hours. I know a lot of the history about this old train station, well, mostly the art. I majored in Art History and I just love going and seeing art in real person, especially when I know about it ;). I told N about the art and the history behind it, and he just sat on my lap and listened as he gazed at the trains. Oh, and he also had a lot of fun running from wall to wall in the station...what kids wouldn't want to do that? So much fun!
Today was one of those days that I will always remember. It was a simple day, but it was sweet in every way, as every day is with my children. When we got in the car to go home, N said "Thank you, Mama". I love how he knows how to make me smile...I just love him to pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment