Today was a great day. It has been snowing so much this past week, but we haven't been able to go outside and really enjoy it until today! In my opinion, you need to wait until the first sunny day after a good snowstorm to really, truly, enjoy the snow. This was the first time this year that we got the kids all bundled up in their snow gear and headed out for some good fun in the snow. We went up to Doug's sister's house with the the rest of the family to enjoy the day and go sledding. They had SO MUCH SNOW and Noah and Leah were beyond thrilled when we got them ready to go out and play. Leah couldn't help grabbing at it, and Noah just wanted to jump right in. It was nice and fluffy, so he surely enjoyed taking a dive in the snow over and over again. The boy is fearless. After being outside for about 20 minutes, my girl was ready to go in and get warm. I don't really blame her...although it was a nice day, it was still cccooold!! Noah wasn't far behind her and he was begging me to carry him in because his toes were too cold. All I can say is that carrying a 3 1/2 year old boy in the snow is not easy and is quite the workout! I'm glad that they enjoyed themselves and were able to see that the snow can be fun :). I tend to just stay inside and stay warm when it snows outside, and for good reason too, in my opinon! I'm sure we'll have many more opportunities to go out and play before this winter is over! Thursday, January 7, 2010
Fun in the Snow ~ 1/1
Today was a great day. It has been snowing so much this past week, but we haven't been able to go outside and really enjoy it until today! In my opinion, you need to wait until the first sunny day after a good snowstorm to really, truly, enjoy the snow. This was the first time this year that we got the kids all bundled up in their snow gear and headed out for some good fun in the snow. We went up to Doug's sister's house with the the rest of the family to enjoy the day and go sledding. They had SO MUCH SNOW and Noah and Leah were beyond thrilled when we got them ready to go out and play. Leah couldn't help grabbing at it, and Noah just wanted to jump right in. It was nice and fluffy, so he surely enjoyed taking a dive in the snow over and over again. The boy is fearless. After being outside for about 20 minutes, my girl was ready to go in and get warm. I don't really blame her...although it was a nice day, it was still cccooold!! Noah wasn't far behind her and he was begging me to carry him in because his toes were too cold. All I can say is that carrying a 3 1/2 year old boy in the snow is not easy and is quite the workout! I'm glad that they enjoyed themselves and were able to see that the snow can be fun :). I tend to just stay inside and stay warm when it snows outside, and for good reason too, in my opinon! I'm sure we'll have many more opportunities to go out and play before this winter is over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment