Friday, January 8, 2010

Fun Day ~ 1/8

I had my doctors appointment early this morning and I expected both Noah and Leah to be awake way before we had to leave, but they just didn't wake up. So...I let them sleep. I hate waking up my precious babies...they look so peaceful when they are sleeping and I felt so guilty when the time came to wake them up. I waited until the last possible minute because I knew what was yet to come. Once I got them ready {which was quite the process} and in the car, they were somewhat better. My sweet sister-in-law offered to watch them this morning since my doctors office doesn't allow children in their office during the flu season. She was so kind to make them a nice yummy breakfast and play with them for the hour that I was gone. My appointment went well and I was able to hear that sweet little heartbeat...it truly is amazing! The doctor actually had a hard time finding it at first because the baby kept kicking and wouldn't sit still for him to hear it...he had to actually hold my stomach in place so that he could hear the heart. It just made me giggle because this baby is a mover and I can't even feel it yet! Well, actually, the past few days I've been thinking that I feel it, and I guess I am! How exciting!

We had a pretty fun, laid back, afternoon and spent our day doing tons of puzzles and playing with Noah's play-doh for a good 2 hours! I was pretty sick of play-doh by the time we were done, but it was worth it. Noah just can't get enough of creating animals, food, etc... Doug came home a little early tonight and we decided to go swimming as a family. I love swimming and I was probably the most excited to go :). Noah is also a little fish and he was thrilled once we got to the indoor pool and realized what we were doing. He associates swimming with warm weather, so he didn't understand how we could go swimming with it being SO cold outside. He had so much fun going down the big slide over and over again...he couldn't get enough! Leah had a blast as well and she is fearless when it comes to the water. It makes me nervous sometimes, but I was by her side every second to keep a hand on her. She was jumping with joy and splashing like crazy from start to finish. Funny girl. The sad part was when we had to get out of the pool...Noah and Leah were shaking as soon as they got out, but Doug and I had no problem snuggling them up in their towels and trying to get them warm. We will definitely be going back soon for another night of swimming :).

We don't have any plans this weekend, which is nice. I'm sure we'll think of something fun to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment